- Jiang, X., Sanford, R., Pell, D. M. (In Press). Neural architecture of person perception in in-group and out-group voices. NeuroImage.
- Jiang, X. (2018). Prefrontal cortex: Role in communicating language during social interaction. Prefrontal Cortex, Dr. Ana Starcevic (Ed.), InTech. In Press
- Jiang, X., Pell, D. M. (2018). Predicting confidence and doubt from accented speakers: Human perception and machine learning experiments. Proceedings of the 9th International
Conference in Speech Prosody (Challenges and new prospects on prosody: research and technology)
- Caballero, J., Vergis, N., Jiang, X., Pell, D. M. (2018). The sound of im/politeness. Speech Communication. In Press.
- Jiang, X. (2017). Experimental Approaches to Socio‐Linguistics: Usage and Interpretation of Non‐Verbal and Verbal Expressions in Cross‐Cultural Communication. Sociolinguistics – Interdisciplinary Perspectives, InTech, ISBN 978-953-51-3334-6.
- Jiang, X., Sanford, R., Pell, D. M. (2017). Neural systems for evaluating speaker (un)believability. Human Brain Mapping. 38, 3732–3749.
- *Zhan, J., *Jiang, X., *Politzer-Ahles, S., Zhou, X. (2017). Neural correlates of fine-grained meaning distinctions: an fMRI investigation of scalar quantifiers. Human Brain Mapping. 38, 3848-3864. (*equal contributor)
- Feng, W. Wu, Y., Jan, C., Yu, H., Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (In Press) Effects of contextual relevance on pragmatic inference during conversation: an fMRI study. Brain and Language. 171, 52-61.
- Jiang, X., Pell, D. M. (2017). The sound of confidence and doubt. Speech Communication, 88, 106-126.
- Wang, R., Jiang, X., Wang, W., Li, Z. (2017). A micro-needle electrode array on flexible substrate for long-term EEG monitoring. Sensor & Actuators B: Chemical, 244, 750-758.
- Jiang, X. (2017). Tracking the Sound of Human Affection: EEG Signals Reveal Online Decoding of Socio-Emotional Expression in Human Speech and Voice. Emotion and Attention Recognition Based on Biological Signals and Images, Dr. Seyyed Abed Hosseini (Ed.), InTech, DOI: 10.5772/66418.
- Jiang, X. & Pell, D. M. (2016b). Feeling of another knowing: how “mixed messages” in speech are reconciled. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 42, 1412-1428.
- Jiang, X., & Pell, D. M. (2016). Neural responses towards a speaker’s feeling of (un)knowing. Neuropsychologia, 81, 79-93.
- Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2015). Who is respectful? Effects of social context and individual empathic ability on ambiguity resolution during utterance comprehension. Frontiers in Psychology, 6, Article 1588.
- Jiang, X. & Pell, D. M. (2015). On how the brain decodes speaker’s confidence. Cortex, 66, 9-34.
- Jiang, X., Paulmann, S., Robin, J., Pell, D. M. (2015). More than accuracy: nonverbal dialects modulates time course of vocal emotion processing across cultures. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance.
- Xu, X., Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2015). When a causal assumption is not satisfied by reality. Differential neural responses to concessive and causal relations during sentence comprehension. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 30, 704-715
- Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2015). Impoliteness electrified: ERPs reveal the real time processing of disrespectful reference in Mandarin utterance comprehension. In: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Politeness and Impoliteness (pp. 239-266). Edited by Marina Terkourafi, John Benjamins Press: Amsterdam.
- Jiang, X., Pell, M. D. (2014). Encoding and decoding confidence information in speech. Proceedings of the 7th International
Conference in Speech Prosody (Social and Linguistic Speech Prosody)
- Hu, C., Jiang, X. (2014). An emotion regulation role of ventromedial prefrontal cortex in moral judgment. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 8, Article 873.
- *Li, S., *Jiang, X., *Yu, H., Zhou, X. (2014). Cognitive empathy modulates the processing of pragmatic constraints during sentence comprehension. Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 9, 1166-1174. (*equal contributor)
- Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2014). Neuro-cognitive processes underlying pragmatic scalar implicature. Linguistic Research, 14. (In Chinese).
- Jiang, X., Li, Y., Zhou, X. (2013a). Is it over-respectful or disrespectful? Differential brain activities of perceiving pragmatic violation of social status during utterance comprehension. Neuropsychologia, 51, 2210-2223.
- Jiang, X., Li, Y., Zhou, X. (2013b). Even a rich man can afford that expensive house. ERP evidence of processing pragmatic constraints during sentence comprehension. Neuropsychologia, 51, 1857-1866.
- *Xu, X., *Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2013). Interplay between biological gender and number information in Chinese pronoun resolution: ERP evidence. Brain and Cognition, 81, 223-236. (*equal contributor)
- Politzer-Ahles, S., Fiorentino, R., Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2013). Event-related potential investigation of scalar implicature processing in Chinese using picture-sentence verification. Brain Research, 1490, 134-152.
- Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2012). Multiple semantic processes at different levels of syntactic hierarchy: Does higher-level semantic process proceed in the face of local semantic failure? Neuropsychologia, 50, 1918-1928.
- Long, Y., Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2012). To believe or not to believe: Trust choice modulates brain responses in outcome evaluation. Neuroscience, 200, 50-58.
- *Zhang, Y., *Jiang, X., *Saalbach, H., Zhou, X. (2011). Multiple constraints on semantic integration in a hierarchical structure: ERP Evidence on German. Brain Research, 1410, 89-100. (*equal contributor)
- Zhou, X., Jiang, X., Ye, Z., Zhang, Y., Lou, K., & Zhan, W. (2010). Semantic integration processes at different levels of syntactic hierarchy during sentence comprehension: An ERP study. Neuropsychologia, 48, 1551-1562.
- Jiang, X., Tan, Y., Zhou, X. (2009). Processing the universal quantifier during sentence comprehension: ERP evidence. Neuropsychologia, 47, 1799-1851.
- Jiang, X., Zhou, X. (2009). Processing different levels of syntactic hierarchy in sentence comprehension: An ERP study on Chinese. Neuropsychologia, 47, 1282-1293.
- Zhang, Y., Jiang, X., Huang, Y. (2007). Verbal working memory, sentence comprehension, and the processing of filler-gap dependencies. Advances in Psychological Science, 15, 22-28. (in Chinese)
- Zhang, Y., Jiang, X., Yu, J. (2007). Filler-gap dependency, reading span and attentional set in Chinese sentence comprehension. Progress in Natural Science, 17, 181-182 (special issue).